Monday, December 13, 2010

FedEx…….doesn’t always deliver!!!

Ahhhhh….one of the great joys about being single is that EVERYONE is always trying to set you up with someone; or they know a friend of a friend that would be “just perfect” for you. A few months ago some of the ladies at work had been telling me about one of our FedEx guys….he rarely came into our store, but the times he did they made sure to let me know. By the time I would get to the back of the store he would already be in his truck and be on his way. So I was really curious to see what the hype was all about….

One day at work my co-worker told me that we had a package that needed to be picked at our location but it wouldn’t be our normal guy that would pick it up, and that it’s the guy she’s been trying to get me to check out. I of course head to the nearest mirror to see if I could try to improve my face at all and run my fingers through my hair to give it a little bit of volume. A few hours go by and I hear the FedEx truck pull up…I was nervous, I don’t know why but my palms started to sweat and my heart was pounding. This is going to sound really cheesy but as he opened the door the sunlight beamed through the room and all I could see was his silhouette, he was really tall about 6 feet tall and was very lean but still had ehhh some definition in his arms and through out his shoulders. Well hell he was really good looking, he had olive skin, brown hair, and did I mention he was tall. Hahaha he greeted me with a smile and I smiled back, he picked up his boxes then was on his way. About 20 minutes go by and our normal UPS man Mitch walks in and I ask him questions regarding the FedEx guy. He then informs me that he’s aware of the guy but has never met him, and word on the street was that every girl thought he was attractive.

After our first sighting, Mitch “randomly” ran into the guy and just causally asked him if he had picked up some packages at the bridal store and he said “yes” then Mitch says something to the effect of “oh well there’s some one there that thinks your cute” and Mitch said this is what he said “oh the brunette?” So I guess he was checking me out as well…Gotta love good ole Mitch, he did some detective work for little ole me and every day came back with a little bit more information. The first day was his name Jonas, second day was his age and relationship status, 36 and recently single. Third day was that he was on Facebook and I got his last name, he has a really long last name and he even took time to write it out for me. Freaking Facebook I swear hahaha, once I got all his info my co-workers even my boss were like “lets look him up on Facebook, ask to be his friend, give Mitch your number on a business card to give to Jonas”…..GEEEEZZZ relax!!! I said “Ill just ask to be his friend on Monday, ill let him enjoy the weekend.” Then my very lovely friend Cassie says “Yvonne, think about it, you guys may talk tonight, you could hang out on Saturday, and could really hit it off with him. We can plan you wedding next month…” hahaha just kidding about the last sentence but she did say everything else, so I finally gave in and asked to be his friend that day.

I was in the process of moving that weekend and during the move he “accepted my friendship”. I sent him a message saying “I thought I would go ahead and introduce myself (well kind of).....I'm Yvonne, you came into my job to pick up a couple of packages the other day. So hello…” a few days go by and he replies with “Hi there! I'm sorry, ive been meaning to introduce myself to you too, but im without a home computer at the moment, and im going thru a bit of a painful breakup. But, I must tell you how flattered I was you took an interest in me..when the ups guy told me you asked abt me, it seriously made my day! Afterall, you are obviously very pretty! I would love to get to know you better, not really sure where I stand at the moment, just coming out of a serious relationship so recently and all...but sometime soon I would like to meet for a drink or something...do you live in north dallas by chance? I live in Austin Ranch and tend to stay up north...”  yea I think I got it the first time you mentioned you just got out of a relationship…I respond back with “I'm actually really familiar with that area, I just moved to Garland from Frisco about a week ago. I would like to get to know you as well, and trust me I've gone through a break up I’m really just looking to met new people. Here's my number (XXX) XXX-XXXX” A few weeks go by and he had to come into our store to pick 2 packages and I was sick as a dog…..I couldn’t talk, I looked like crap, I felt like crap and of course things like this only happens to me. He comes in and by this point pretty much all of the employees knew what we were trying to brew something
up in the back (in regards to me and Jonas) so one of my co-workers who is CRAZY was back there and he walked in and seemed fine, I said hello then turned away I couldn’t let him see my at my worst, he was like 4 feet away from me and the crazy co-worker was saying something and he just looked at me like huh, he leaves and that was that. I got a text from a number I didn’t know and it read “of course you would schedule a package when im sick as a dog ;)” I just responded back with “I swear I had no clue and that makes two of us”

Game one of the world series…me and my friend Kathryn (shout out) went to Twin Peaks to watch the game with some older fellas, during the game my other friend Natalie text me and told me they were keeping it low key and just staying in Austin Ranch. A light bulb went off in my head, FedEx guy lived there and I was heading there after the game….why not! I sent him a text telling him that we were gonna be in his neck of the woods and he was more than welcome to join us if he wanted. He responded back with saying that he would join us….he gets there and I introduce him to the gals I was with then decide to go across the street to the other bar. We get there literally 3 minutes later and we head to the patio, we pick a rather large table so at this point he is directly across from me…we all start talking amongst ourselves and then out of now where he says “Eva Longoria!” I say “huh?” then he says, “I’ve been trying to figure out who you look like and you look like Eva Longoria” I say “why cause I’m short and have brown hair…ha-ha thanks but people normally tell me I favor Jennifer Love Hewitt” my friends take the compliment a little better then me and say “aawww that’s sweet” drinks start flowing and then he asks me why me and the ex broke up. I say the truth and say “we just wanted different things out of life and we grew apart” so I guess different things out of life really intrigued him because he asked “like what?” I elaborate and he starts to laugh….I say “you’re laughing because you don’t want those things or what?” I should’ve known that this was going to turn out bad considering this was the first time I had ever hung out with him and I barley knew him but cant take it back now…

I’d rather not go into detail about our conversation but I can tell you that during the middle of it, out of now where this fool starts yelling at me. We hit a pretty deep topic and I don’t know if that was why he and his ex broke up but he had a lot of built up aggression and I was the lucky one that he blew up on…..after his yelling I said “ok whoa! Stop yelling at me and second, maybe we shouldn’t have talked about this the first time hanging out.” Well if I had a buzz going that definitely was a buzz kill….towards the end of the night he apologized for yelling and that he was just passionate about the topic, blah blah blah I saw him maybe one other time after that night and it was super awkward and come to find out Mitch ran into him one day and asked if we were hitting it off and apparently he said “no, she’s a really pretty and sweet girl but we just want different things out of life and there’s just no point in wasting each others time.” AMEN!! And this is exactly why I don’t try dating someone JUST  for their looks, if you can’t have a serious conversation with me and try to get to know me for ME then I’m not interested. I’m not trying to be someone’s “arm candy” because call me crazy but looks do fade and I want something way much more than that! Guess I….


Should’ve said no a long time ago

1 comment:

  1. Yea, sounds like it hit a nerve and he blew up on you instead of the person he was really mad at... his ex. He should have never gone there so soon, but sounds like he's harboring feelings that he needs to work out.

    ReplyDelete