Saturday, December 4, 2010

Creeper McCreeperson

This next blog really isn’t anyone I dated; I just thought I would share what goes on in my life at work…..One of the perks of my job is that I get to see some rather good looking fellas, and I also come across some average Joe’s. I normally help them adjust their tuxedo, we make small talk then I send them on their way. Well I had two different situations where these guys couldn’t take no for an answer.

The first guy was about 5’7”, dark hair, fair skin, and wore glasses. When he came in to try on his tux he was a little shy and very soft spoken. Once he came out so I could inspect him, I asked him if he knew the bride or the groom. He begins to tell me that he grew up with the groom and that they were childhood friends; as I’m letting out the hem in his pants he’s telling me stories about him and the groom. I also had to do some minor alterations on his coat sleeve and explained to him that he could either wait about 20-30 minutes for his things to be ready or he could come back the next day. He decides to come back the next day, as he’s getting dressed he asks me about my job, how long have I work there, was it a busy season, blah blah blah. He comes out and hands me his rental, I then tell him that he could come back anytime after 1:00pm to pick his things up. After explaining to him what was going on he was just standing there, staring at me with this blank expression on his face so I ask him “did you get all that?” I don’t know if guys feel a little bit brave because of where the tuxedo room is located (a room off to the side in the corner) but he says “yes, you are so attractive, I can’t help but stareCREEEPER!!! So I thanked him and as he’s walking out, he randomly shouts out “we should grab coffee” then he’s gone….WTF?!?!?!?!

The next day a little after 2:00 he comes back in to pick his rental up and he says “I was being serious when I said we should grab coffee.” I say “oh wow, I’m flattered but I don’t drink coffee…it stains your teeth.” He says “ok then lets grab lunch” I then say “again I’m really flattered but I just broke up with my boyfriend like 2 days ago and I’m not over it yet” (just for the record it had already been like four or five months since the split….but yes I pulled out the “I just broke up” card on him) as I’m saying this to him he leans over to grab my business card and was like “well can I at least have your number?” talk about being forward…..I say “ummm I don’t just give my number out, sorry” he didn’t like this answer so he asks “ok, what about your email?WOW this guy was very persistence, I say “again, I’m really flattered I am but I’m just not ready to date anyone right now.” He never gives up he says “well good just give me your number and I’ll call you in about a month or two and you should be fine.” This fool here….I swear!! After about another two minutes of going back and forth of me rejecting him he finally gave up and pulled out his card and said “when you’re ready give me a call” Hopefully this guy isn’t waiting around for me to call him….

The next guy….the wedding he was in was one of our consulting clients, the bride wanted all the guys credit cards to be charged  because they weren’t going to  be coming in to try on. I ran all the cards and one of the cards got declined, I call the fella up and he told me that he was going to be getting paid on that Friday and that he will have the funds in his account, also that he was going to be picking his up because he actually lived in Dallas, unlike the other guys who were from all over. Friday comes and he tries on his tux and everything fits, he gets undressed then pays for his tux. As we are waiting for the receipt to print out I saw that he took one of my business cards. He signs the receipt and he’s off.

An hour or so goes by and I received a notification from Facebook says I had a message. As im staring at this I don’t recognize the name at all so I’m curious to see what it says, I open it up and it reads “Do you by chance work at stardust?” I’m normally the type of person that responds back fairly quickly, whether it be text message, phone call, freaking Facebook, so I say “Yes.....” he then replies with “Dang you're quick lol well I picked up my tux earlier I figured there aren't many yvonnes out there not a creep promise haha I was wondering if your single if you would want to go out sometime thought I'd take a shot in the dark” well the very first thing I thought was CREEPER….haha I’ve said this before, I know it takes a lot of courage to ask a girl out so 9 times out of 10 if I get asked out by a guy then why not, I believe everyone should get a chance BUT…the fact that he took my card and ask through Facebook…come on!! So I thought about how I could reply by not being bitchy so this is what I said “I'm really flattered but it’s a conflict of interest” he says “It's cool just worth a shot! Have a great rest of the day” I didn’t want to be rude since I had already rejected him so I just said “You do the same!” well I thought that was the end of the conversation but he had to go and throw this in “
Thanks if you change your mind let me know, I would really love to take you out :)

Some may say that that was “game plan” but I mean seriously guys, what ever happen to the old days and I mean back before cell phones were out and you actually got to get to know someone, rather then try to Facebook stalk someone…I wont end it with my “signature mark” seeing as how I never really went on a date with these randoms

No comments:

Post a Comment