Monday, September 27, 2010

My momma would be so ashamed!!

I believe everyone has good friends for different reasons.......one who keeps your darkest secrets, another who you go and try new restaurant's with, there's also the one friend who could NEVER resit a trip to the mall, then there's the friend who is willing to go out on the town with you at the drop of a hat!

Well my one friend who is willing to is always go out on the town is Natalie. Since the break up my partner in crime was trying to keep me busy and always asking me if I wanted to join in on the many, many girls night out. So I'd always go and not really feel attractive, all of my friends are gorgeous. I've never really been approached by any fellas (could be the BIG sign on my five head that reads "F-OFF" I don't know) Needless to say my friends ALWAYS get hit on by guys before I do. This one night, I'm actually feeling pretty darn good about myself, I wore a cute dress, took time on my make up and hair, heck I looked cute! We decide to go to a bar in Uptown and it's fairly crowed. We head to the bar and grab a drink, I see these two fellas closing out their tab. In the mean time Natalie is already ordering herself a beverage, I'm standing behind the two guys waiting to order my beverage. From the way the guy was standing I thought he was going to turn to his left and walk away but oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh NO, he turns right and literally bumps into to me. We both apologize and blame ourselves, he then introduces himself "I'm really sorry, I didn't see you there. My name is Tucker, what's yours?" As he's speaking to me I was thinking DDDDDDAAAAANNNNNGGGGG this guy is really good looking. He's probably just gonna be like the rest of the "Dallas Douche Lords" say sorry then head out. Normally I have a bar name when I go out but this night I was feeling a little adventurous so I decided to give him my real name. I introduce myself and we get to talking about what we do for a living, are we originally from Dallas, the whole she-bang! He then offers to buy me a drink and I refresh his memory and tell him that he just closed out his tab and that he really didn't need to buy me a drink. He then says, "Well I closed out because I didn't think it was worth staying here, ...but now I think otherwise." With this huge mischievous smile on his face......talk about a smooth operator! So with that being said OF COURSE that boosted my ego up ten notches!!!

In the meantime, the group of girls that I was with are giving me thumbs up in the corner and saying,"dannnngggg Yvonne he's really cute. Get it girl" Just really making it alittle uncomfortable and really obvious that I had found him attracted, or at least I had hoped. You never really know what someone looks like when you are at a bar and there's alcohol ...it can lead to a soooo not good looking guy or girl.....just saying!!!So the bar closes and the lights turn on and YES, he is as good looking in the light. He then invites me over to his place, (this is so not my character but I didn't get a bad vibe like I normally would) Plus before heading out a co-worker of mine told me "the best way to get over someone is to  get under someone." Till this day I don't really know if that's the BEST advice to give out but that night I seriously took it into consideration. So I arrive at his place and we talk some more then.....The next morning I wake up and think oh man Carrie Underwood said it best "My momma would be so ashamed, It started off hey cutie where you from, then turned into oh, no what have I done."

A couple of days go by and I remember that I left my sisters brown earrings at his place. Not gonna lie, I never really had any intentions on contacting him after that night. So I'm in a pickle and am contemplating if I should really contact him to get them back. I called my friend whom I will not name but she then tells me, "Yvonne, if you decide to do that again rule # 1 you get in and you get out." Wish I was told that before hand....then I remember that my sister didn't know I borrowed her earrings. So this lead me to send him a text, well I had to text him numerous times before I finally got a hold of him. (I'm sure I seemed like a stalker)  We then decide to meet at his place well he tells me a time but  I'm literally waiting  for 35 minutes in his drive way before he shows up. He arrives and tells me that he completely forgot we were meeting up and I tell him, " ummm you told me to come here at this time soooo..." well I walk in and we head to the restroom, as I'm in the hallway waiting he pulls out a clear bin full of jewelery and I'm thinking ohhhh man, what the heck did  I get myself into, he then explains that that's his sister's jewelery PUUH-LEASE!!! I'm not as stupid as I look, geez!!!


Few months go by and I had a wedding party that I had to dress for work. (I work in the tuxedo department at a bridal store) well, the guys can either fax, email, call, or come in for measurements. I received a fax and the first and last name seemed really familiar but I never really put to and to together. The week of the wedding the wedding party starts coming in and getting fitted well of course there's always one straggler who waits at the last minute to try his tux on, so they page my name to tuxedos I walk in and guess who I see.........TUCKER!!! I'm thinking what are the freaking odds of this?!?!?!?!?!?!?! So I say hi whats your name what party are you with, and I'm not making any eye contact with him. So as he's trying on his tux I'm checking myself out in the mirror thanking the lord that I actually straighten my hair that day and that I looked descent. Don't act like you people don't check yourself out cause we all do it! He then comes out and he's asking me if he has his bow tie on correctly and he doesn't so he asks if I will help him with it so I do now he's a good six feet tall and I'm five even, so if you can imagine this as I'm adjusting his tie for him he then says to  me, "I feel like I've met you before." All I could say was. "Yep...we have had conversation before." and I think at that moment a light bulb went off in his head and we both turned cherry red. It was super awkward afterwards cause I had to take payment on his tuxedo and I kinda felt like pretty woman asking for his credit card. Never thought in a million years that I would have that happen to me, guess I....


"should've said no a long time ago"

No comments:

Post a Comment