Monday, October 4, 2010

Speedy Gonzales

Everybody has different time frames as to when they are ready to start "dating" again after a break up. For some it could be years, others it could be months, then there's me who after doing the whole break up get back together roller coaster thing for three years it only took me exactly five days to go on my first official date after the previous split with Paco. For me, the reason why I didn't dwell on the situation was simply because I was numb to the whole thing, I had already went through the heartbreak that this time around I didn't need to waste my precious tears on something was done with for quite sometime. That's why when my friend Ashley asked me if I would be willing to meet her boyfriend's really good friend I said why not!!!

One weekend we go to Dave and Busters and do the whole double date thing just so it wouldn't be super awkward. Ashley greeted me at the door and we make our way to the restroom, now of course I have to double check that I look OK and make sure that I don't have anything in between my teeth , well as we walk out we bump into Martin. I really didn't get a great look at him cause it all happen within four point five seconds, we did the generic introduction then he headed to the restroom. We then meet up with her boyfriend and Martin joins us a few minutes later. We played some games for a bit then decided we would sit down and grab something to eat, Ashley is on the same side of the booth as me and  the two fellas are across from us. Through out the dinner I caught Martin looking at me several times, now all I could think was that I either had food on my chin, I had a booger, or he was just trying to see if I was cute or not. So I excuse myself and head towards the restroom to see what the heck he was staring at (nothing was on my face ...phew). I then come back and I over hear Martin telling his friend, "She's really pretty, I feel like I'm just staring at her." So after that comment  I was more relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the evening. I ended up driving him to his car since he parked in the lower level and since it was cold out I thought I would be nice (really I was hoping to get his digits) We get  to his car and we talk for a bit, then he's getting out of the car and he asks for my number, I just got my new phone that day so I didn't know my new number by heart and he probably thought I was making it up not wanting to give it to him.

I guess boys really play into the whole wait three days before you call cause on the third day he called! He left me a voice mail asking if I wanted to go to the movies, so since he waited three days to call me I waited four hours to call him back. I think the whole waiting game is a load of crap!! If you're interested in someone then why play the waiting game and just call the other person, I swear it would be so much easier. So we decided on the day then he tells me that he already picked the movie out and told me the time, at the time it was a little refreshing knowing that someone else was planning the evening but looking back on it now he didn't even ask me if I like that type of movie. We go see the movie and during the middle of it I get up and head to the ladies room, I return and see that the arm rest is up so I'm thinking I didn't move that up, well as I get ready to sit down he pulls me towards him so that we are cuddling. THIS WAS THE FIRST DATE!!! I tried moving away a couple of times just cause it was strange leaning against someone new. After the movie ended we head back to his place, I then meet his brother and his brother's girlfriend. After telling them it was nice meeting them I literally turn my head and I'm greeted with his tongue in my mouth. I was super surprised that I pulled away and said, "ummmm what are you doing?" he then tells me that he just couldn't help himself. GAG!!!

A few days go by and we do the texting back and forth throughout the day, we go on a couple of other dates which is cool. I'm getting to know his likes and dislikes, I even meet his friends. I think meeting of the friends is a big deal, I mean who really likes bringing different girls/guys to functions and you're friends be like who is so and so bringing this time. I feel like you should bring a lady friend or a fella around if its serious or getting serious (just my personal opinion) So I meet the friends introduced myself cause apparently that was too big a task for him to do. Well with certain people he then introduces me as his girlfriend!! WHAT?!?!?! NO NO NO..so I correct him and say "I'm his friend Yvonne" we then go about the evening and the next day I tell him that people generally talk about things like that he then says well lets talk about. We talk about the situation and he was going to school at the time and I  felt like I was a distraction for him and we decided to just end things and see if maybe in the near future we could try it out again?!?!?! Guess I....



"should've said no a long time ago"

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you keep having these weird dates with these guys, but your experiences are so much fun to read! I feel bad that I kinda want you to keep having bad dates so you can keep writing about them. Sorry. :-)

    ReplyDelete